I am Full-Stack UX designer - strategy minded, insights driven, lo-fidelity iterating, visual designing, code writing.
Most recently I was a senior manager of user experience design at Salesforce, often deemed as the world's most innovative technology company. I work tirelessly to lead teams of extremely smart cross-functional contributors — fueling the growth of Salesforce's digital properties including salesforce.com, a top 200 global website which receives millions of unique visitors monthly. With our world-class teams, I do pioneering performance-driven digital work that pushes the needle for partners and enhances experiences for our customers and prospective customers. Our Digital Experience unit is dedicated to Salesforce marketing programs, often built on our own Salesforce marketing products, for partners across the globe.
I have worked as a consultant, in-house design leader, independent contractor, and design partner, taking numerous projects from proposal, kickoff, and concept, through to implementation, launch, and optimization.
I'm passionate about my field, and personal growth and learning are part of my core values. It's personally fulfilling and keeps me inspired.
- UX Immersive - During Summer 2014 I took 10 weeks to brush up on my UX chops at GA. It was great to take time away from work to hone my methods and practices.
- Yale Behavioral Economics - A one-week executive learning deep-dive into the fascinating and impactful world of the subconscious mind and how it impacts behavior and decision-making.
- NNg UX Certification - With a focus on Managing User Experience Strategy, Persuasive Web Design, The Human Mind and Usability, Working Effectively in Cross-Functional Teams, UX Deliverables.
- Various - I love going to conferences, meetups, writing, speaking and reading about all the latest thinking on the field. Design is a job but it's really a passion.
- UX artifacts & deliverables
- Experience strategy & programs
- Design management
- Experience architecture
- User interface design
- Holistic experience ecosystems
- Experience, interaction, interface Design
Areas of Expertise
- Sketch, Invision, Principle, etc.
- Good ol' pen & paper, whiteboard
- Decks, Sheets, Docs, and other business collabo tools
- HTML/CSS/JS, Codepen, text editor, Chrome dev tools
- Photoshop & other Adobe tools as needed
- Note: I'm more of a process/methods guy than tools-geek
Common Deliverables & Artifacts
- Specifications for screen, component, module interface
- Prototypes of varying fidelities
- Design systems & styleguides
- Hypotheses and Experimentation Roadmaps
- IA, user flows, journeys
- Concept pitches